1. It’s a lot more fun shopping out in nature than in a stuffy grocery store. Nature is very therapeutic for this Juggling Mom!
2. There is a greater variety of produce at the markets than in the grocery store. Since the
produce is based on the growing season, the selections can change each week. Stock up and freeze or can your favorites.
3. Children actually like to go to the market. I’ve had a blast teaching my children about food while holding hands and strolling through the market. I even had the opportunity to walk through the market with my college son and his girlfriend when they were home for Labor Day. Talk about Quality Time!
4. Lemonade (A weekly ritual for the kids and I. Yum!)
5. You actually get to meet Farmers. How cool is that? I know who is growing my food!
6. Great way to get out and meet your neighbors and other folks who have the same passion about food that you do.
7. Locally grown food actually lasts longer in the fridge since it didn’t have to come across the country in a truck. It really does taste fresher.
|My friend Diana at The Tea and Honey Company
(Post-Baby and doesn’t she look great?)