This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
Packed with vitamins, smoothies are a great way to start the day for you and your family. Smoothies are one of our favorite cold treats for desserts or afternoon pick-me-ups. Smoothies are easy to make and a great way to get your kids into the kitchen with you.
5 Tips For Perfect Smoothies
1. Use a great blender and blend in stages. Make sure you use a blender that is powerful enough to break down the fruit and provide a smooth consistency. Layer in your liquid base, add fruit, protein, and then any add-ins. The Blendtec Blender gives you lots of power and is a cheaper alternative to the Vitamix blender. Blendtec likes to say, “It’s the last blender you will ever own.” I’ve blown up quite a few blenders making smoothies. Buying a quality blender solved that problem.
2. Keep a variety of frozen fruit available. The more fruit you have on hand, the more flavors and nutrition you have available to make smoothies. Bonus Tip: Keep your overripe bananas in a bag and freeze them. It’s a great way to use up your older bananas and really sweeten your smoothie.
3. Use natural sweeteners. The fruit you use will really sweeten things up, but if you need a bit more sweetness, try a little squirt of honey or maple syrup.
4. Use a variety of liquids to get the flavor you want. Our favorites include coconut water, kefir, organic milk, almond milk and ice.
5. Add a bit of creaminess. We love frozen fruit smoothies. They can be very much like a sorbet. If you would like a creamier smoothie that can be sipped through a straw try adding in ingredients like oats, sweet potato, yoghurt, or avocado.
Enjoy making delicious smoothies with your family. Grab some cool straws and really make it fun! Leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite smoothie recipe is.
For delicious new smoothie recipes to try, check out 10 Healthy Smoothie Recipes Your Family Will Love!