This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
Are you “Summer Ready”? I got out of the car at my daughter’s softball practice the other night and overheard the mom in the car next to me say, “Sorry sweetie, I guess we’re not summer ready yet.” It got me thinking. What are the things that we gather up in order to be summer ready? I checked with my always prepared mom friends for some input and we came up with a list of things that we always like to have ready to go for summer so that we are always prepared to enjoy all the summer fun that we can.
Are You Summer Ready? The Prepared Mom's Guide To Summer Click To Tweet
If you are often frustrated because you don’t have something that you need, perhaps you just need to take a few minutes to prepare for the season. After that it will be smooth sailing and much less stressful. When you think about it……….when juggling real food and real life, the key is always just a little bit of preparation. Preparation saves so much running around, confusion, and headaches.
Summer Ready Essentials
- Folding Chairs – These Coleman chairs have a very helpful cooler attached for your drinks.
- Bug Spray
- Sunglasses – I totally love these Oakley sunglasses for me and these for the kiddos.
- Refillable water bottles – There are so many nice ones on the market now. I like this type and this type.
- Blankets – both for laying out on the grass/beach and for keeping warm around the fire or at a drive-in movie. I really like this one for laying out to sit on.
- Sweatshirts – Weather can change in an instant. Don’t let a little chill in the air ruin your plans. The kids and I are always looking for a sweatshirt when the sun goes down.
- Beach Bag stocked with towels, hats, goggles, and swimsuits. This is my favorite bag.
- Sun Hats/Baseball Hats
- Cooler bag packed with water. I really like this one.
- Summer reading – Perfect for rain delays and other quiet times
- Real food snacks – make sure that whatever you pack won’t melt in the car.
- Baby wipes – Even if you don’t have a baby, you will probably have messy hands that need to be wiped.
There you go……you’re official guide to being “Summer Ready.” What would you add to the list to be summer ready?