Zesty Crockpot Italian Pasta Soup
- 1 pound bulk Italian Sausage (Browned and drained)
- 3 Cups of Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 - 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of dried basil
- 2 Cups uncooked shell pasta (whole wheat preferred)
- 1 Cup of additional Water
- Optional: Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese or grated Parmesan.
- Mix Tomatoes and Tomato Paste in the crockpot.
- Stir in cooked Italian Sausage.
- Add Broth, Water, Onion, Garlic, Basil, Parsley, Salt and Pepper.
- Cook on LOW for 7 - 8 hours or HIGH for 4 - 5 hours.
- At the end of the cook time, add Pasta and 1 Cup of Water.
- Stir to combine pasta.
- Let Cook for an additional 30 minutes
This feeds my family of 5 to 6 and we have lots of leftovers. If you would like to stretch it further or like it with more soup broth, extra water or beef broth can be added.
What are your favorite quicker than quick meals? Do you cook for your likes or your family? Is it possible that you all like the same thing?
I can’t wait to hear from you. Leave me a comment here and I invite you to join the fun on our various social media. Just join us by using the various buttons at the top of the page. Lots more recipes, tips and fun to be had by all! If you are new to the blog……..I invite you to check out our Weekly Challenges. This is a great systematic way to to eat more of a Real Food diet and eliminate processed food. This is the approach my family took to overhauling our diet. Remember……small changes can create dramatic changes to your overall health. Good luck!