A key component to healthy eating is to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables each day. One of the most delicious ways that I have found to make this happen is to blend up that variety into a smoothie. Even my “won’t eat vegetables” kid will gladly suck down a smoothie with lots of nutrition packed into it. Smoothies are a great way to introduce children to new fruits and vegetables. Let them pick out a new fruit to try when you are at the grocery store and add it to a tried and true smoothie recipe. Smoothie recipes are a perfect way to get the kids into the kitchen with you too. They can easily grab the frozen fruit and drop it into a blender.
Basic smoothie recipes are simple………….a little liquid, fruit and/or vegetables, ice, and maybe some special ad-ins. Blend till it looks good. Anyone can do that, right? Today I am sharing a couple of my favorite smoothie recipes and asked my friends to share their favorites as well. Have fun with these recipes and let us know your favorites by leaving a comment for us.
10 healthy smoothie recipes your family is sure to love! Click To Tweet
10 Family Friendly Smoothie Recipes
- Chunky Monkey – Juggling Real Food and Real Life
2. Blueberry Peach Smoothie – Little Sprouts Learning
3. Super Orange Smoothie – Calm.Healthy.Sexy
4. Mango Peach Smoothie – Erica’s Recipes
5. Spring Green Smoothie – Homemade Food Junkie
6. Banana and Honey Smoothie – The Mummy Toolbox
7. The Tropical Green Smoothie – Erica’s Recipes
8. Chocolate Cherry Protein Smoothie – The Mummy Toolbox
9. Healthy Blackberry Smoothie – Homemade Food Junkie
10. Coconut Smoothie – Juggling Real Food and Real Life
Make sure you check out my smoothie shopping list and smoothie making tips……….plus my favorite smoothie tools and fun stuff to make your smoothies extra special.