Cinnamon Maple Oats
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Thick-cut rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (More or less to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Raisins
- Bring 4 cups water and ¼ teaspoon salt to a boil.
- Add rolled oats and stir.
- Add in maple syrup, raisins, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 - 20 minutes. Time will depend on your stove and your desired
- Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Top with butter and milk or cream. Add additional sweetener as desired.
This was plenty sweet for me just as I made it, but your tastes may differ, especially if you are just at the beginning of cutting out processed sugar.
Do you eat oatmeal for breakfast? What is your favorite flavor combination? We live in an area that produces maple syrup so we can easily have it on hand at all times. Are you able to easily purchase maple syrup?
I promise to keep bringing you the best and most accurate information on nutrition I can find……….and hopefully with a little bit of humor along the way as well. You can find lots of great information on this blog (check out the tabs above and the archives). You can follow what others are doing for the Real Food Experience using #RealFoodExperience. Make sure to subscribe by email so you don’t miss anything. You can also find lots of great tips, tricks, advice, and fun on my Facebook page and my other social media. Please join us and share us with your friends!
Interested in additional oat flavors?