This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
Finding the perfect graduation gift isn’t always easy. If you get invited to a lot of graduation parties gift giving can be expensive. Sure we love these kids, but we didn’t win the lottery, right? I’ve come up with a variety of gift ideas for you today. Each one will make your favorite graduate swoon with delight and won’t break the bank.
Celebrate the Class of 2017 with a grad gift she is sure to love! Click To Tweet
I have divided the graduation gift guide into categories. There are gifts from personal to practical. You will find gifts for those students going on to college and those that may be looking to travel. There is something for everyone.
Something Personal or Sentimental
1. Trades of Hope: Trades of Hope empowers women out of poverty around the world while creating entrepreneurial opportunities for the American woman by selling ethically produced fashion accessories and home décor. Handmade and Fair Trade jewelry, journals, scarves and bags all make great gifts. Give the gift that gives twice.
2. Cross Necklace: Send your graduate out into the world with a promise that was made long ago for her.
3. Oakley Sunglasses: Extremely fashionable and fantastic quality. Just watch her reaction when she opens this gift!
4. Beautiful Bedding: The centerpiece of any dorm room is always beautiful bedding.
5. Towels: Start the morning out right with beautiful towels.
6. Oversized Mug: Jumbo mugs are so useful! Your graduate can use the mug for coffee, soup, instant hot chocolate, instant oats. Make the gift extra special by including packets of their favorites.
7. Bedside Caddy: When living in a college dorm storage is at a premium. This bedside caddy is a great way to keep lots of little stuff close at hand. Phones, laptops, books, and glasses won’t get lost when they can be stored right on the bed.
8. Mattress Topper: Dorm room beds are not known for being the most comfortable beds around. Add an extra layer of comfort with a nice mattress topper.
9. Raincoat: My sons tell me that a raincoat is probably the best gift you can give a college graduate if you live in an area where it rains often. Umbrellas are a hassle when it’s windy so a raincoat is the best solution.
10. Super Cool Dorm Refrigerator: We all know that dorm refrigerators are essential for college living. Look for something extra special like this one that you can write notes on with erasable markers. Add a little fun and added communication to that dorm room. Add bottled water so their fridge is already stocked.
12. Bicycle: Campuses are quite large and professors are not always interested in the length students have to travel to get to class. I remember as a college freshman having to run from the front of campus to the back of campus in 10 minutes. Not easily done! If your student has an especially tough class schedule, consider purchasing a bike as a gift.
13. First-Aid/Medicine Kit: Your graduate will no longer be able to run to the family medicine cabinet. A first aid kit is essential. Make sure you add in basic headache and cold medicines as well.
14. Tool Box: It doesn’t have to be pink (the pink one is super cute!), but a tool box is so helpful in a college dorm. It is one of the most overlooked items when packing for college. I remember using a butter knife as my tools in college. It worked ok, but a tool kit would have been so much nicer.
15. Sewing Kit: Missing buttons and torn hems no longer need to be a concern when you favorite graduate has their own sewing kit.
16. Netflix, Hulu, Spotify: Graduates love TV and music. Purchase a streaming account for them to enjoy in their free time.
17. Memory Sticks or Flash Drives : (Yes, it’s the same thing) Yes, hopefully your favorite graduate will be doing school work and memory sticks will help them stay organized with all of their class projects.
18. Headphones: Your graduate will likely be sharing space. Headphones are a great way for your graduate to get away from everything and relax. Looking totally cool is a nice side effect!
19. External Battery Charger: Students are constantly on their phone. They are communicating plans with friends, listening to music on the walk across campus, and checking their grades. It can all be done on those mini-computers they carry in their pocket that we call phones. An external battery charger is a must for long days.
20. Weekender: A great weekender is essential for shorter trips. It is also fantastic for carry on luggage.
21. Laptop Backpack: Laptops can be used and abused if they are not protected. A laptop backpack protects the laptop and has added storage for books, notes, journals and pens.
22. Luggage Set: Graduating from high school opens up a whole world of opportunities for your favorite graduate. Often that includes travel. Whether traveling by car or plane, a good set up luggage is a great gift.
23. Time spent together: Purchase an experience. Concert tickets, amusement park tickets, day out for golf………..your loved one craves time with you. Make it a summer to remember!
24. Amazon Prime Membership: It’s free for students! That way they can purchase anything they may have forgotten.
25. Cash: Buys anything your graduate needs. School supplies, down payment for a car, pizza……….. Cash is the gift that never gets returned.
I hope you find this graduation gift guide helpful. Make sure you check out my other gift guides as well. If you have a favorite graduation gift that we have not listed, let me know. I would love to share your ideas with our readers. Let’s get the conversation going. Graduation is an exciting and emotional time for both the student and their family. Enjoy this special time. Hug your favorite graduate a little tighter and know that they will be just fine. Why did nobody warn us that the hardest part of being a mother is not all of the late night feedings and diaper changes? The hardest part is watching them grow up and leave you. I once was told that you know you did a good job raising your children when they are prepared with the life skills to leave you. Celebrate knowing that you are an excellent mother!
If you are shopping for a male graduate, you will want to check out the Gift Guide for Boys.